Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Is binge watching the new cable?

As many of you know I moved a few months ago and a few months before that I made the tough choice of letting Dish Network go after almost a decade of service with them. I really didn't watch that much TV anymore (I think moving to a warmer climate helped that ALOT) and didn't see a point of paying Cox $70 a month for internet & Dish $140 for Tv. I mean thats $210 dollars a month...... now with a $60 internet bill, Hulu, Netflix, CBS app, and the Amazon Prime app I pay so much less! Needless to say I don't miss cable at all, but that isn't what this blog is about.

This last weekend I was laying in bed after a DJ set with the man watching my new addiction Sky Fall. I have never even seen the show nor heard of it before amazon tv but omg! haha I guess it was on TNT back in 2009, anyways we are hooked and in a week watched season 1, 2 & just started 3! So my question, is binge watching the new cable? I starting to think so! After a few months of not having cable and pretty much now just streaming everything I don't know if I would ever go back. The only thing I wish I had was faster internet. If you decided to leave your cable tv provider make sure you can get fast internet otherwise this might be a painful choice! I know kinda of a random topic but I think it is kinda crazy how far tv has come (since I remember my grandparent's tv with the wood case lol) and I think its exciting to see technology advance.


No comments:

Post a Comment