Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Meatless Meals? Spicy Veggie Soup

I have been seeing a lot of articles about Meatless Monday's or just meatless meals in general and it kinda got me thinking. Would I really miss the meat? I am not saying give it up because I don't know if I could live with out a good burger and bacon! But on those week night meals when you don't wanna wait for meat to defrost or eat a bagged meal. This creation came from a craving for spicy shrimp soup. For a few days I had this craving for it and I didn't have shrimp on hand but did have a bunch of veggies. After a few attempts I figured I would share:

Spicy Veggie Soup:

Step 1: Assemble

1 cup - chopped carrots
3 - celery stocks
1 - portabella mushroom
2 tbps - coconut oil (or butter)
1 Package - Premium Rice Noodles
1 tsp - turmerick
1 tsp - cumin
2 tbps - chili garlic sauce
2 tbps - soy sauce
1/2 tsp - sesame seed oil
1 tsp - pepper
3 garlic cloves
1/2 lemon
5 cups - water


Step 2: Chop!





















Step 3: Mushrooms + Coconut Oil - Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.




Step 4: Add Celery, Carrots & start to boil water.





















Step 5: When water is boiling place rice noodles into water & cook for 1 minute under directed time. Right after you add the noodles to the water add your spice blend including garlic too the pan. Half way through the cooking process of the noodles add chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, & stir.


 

Step 6: When the timer for the noodles goes off, kill the heat on both the veggies & the noodles. Your veggies should have a nice char on them but shouldn't be burnt. Give a stir and pour slowly into the noodle water. Squeeze the juice of your halved lemons and place lemons in soup while it cools.



Step 7: After about 5 minutes remove lemons and enjoy!

After the success of this dish it got me excited to experiment with other veggies. Right now I am working on something with cauliflower and when it's ready I will share!


No comments:

Post a Comment